Friday, May 23, 2008

First Week With the Riversharks

My name is Irene Pastorino and Monday was the beginning of a new experience for me here at the Riversharks. I recently graduated from Washington College on Sunday and was now entering into the "Real World." I had the first day jitters that everyone has when they are stepping into a new environment for the first time. The nervousness was quickly eased when I found out it was Zack's first day and Brian had just started only a week before me. The morning actvities began with a tour where I shortly realized I had definitely worn the wrong shoes to work that day. After the tour Joel began to explain all of the different aspects of the Corporate Sponsorship Department with me and I was then sent off to do research on our company and look through many different documents and basically just learn the ins and outs of everything. The next few days flew by with the same research and watching the Atlantic 10 Tournament during lunch breaks. Unfortunately Temple did lose and now the only team I really cared about has been eliminated.

Thursday night was the Riversharks night at the Soul. A few of the front office employees manned the display area where we distributed free vouchers and calenders of the upcoming home games. Again this was a time where i greatly regretted my shoe choice that morning. Finley made an appearance at this event and many children flocked to him for pictures and autographs. I encountered my first minor league baseball fans who knew endless amounts of stats and information on the Riversharks and their competitors. At first I just stood there dumb struck because I had no idea about any of the information they were talking about. As my first week comes to an end, I look forward in anticipation for the games to begin on June 2nd and for the summer to really get underway.

Irene Pastorino

1 comment:

greg8370 said...

This is a very interesting blog! Keep it going!